Sunday, September 22, 2013

Thing 6: RSS & Newsreaders

I've heard some about RSS and newsreaders, but I've never had first hand experience with them. Creating an account on netvibes.com was easy, but I would have been lost without the tutorial video. I'm still somewhat confused with it, but I was able to maneuver it some and see how it all works. The concept of it is brilliant, and I love the idea of having all of the regular websites I frequent at one spot. The convenience and time saving aspect of it would be really great! I think the more time I spend getting acquainted with it the more comfortable I'll be and the more I'll actually use it in my daily life for personal and professional purposes.

Is there any danger with putting your email accounts or facebook links on your page? I wonder if by having those on there it would increase your chances of someone being able to get into your accounts? Just a thought; I'm sure the answer is no, since so many people choose to do so, but it is something I thought about and felt a bit hesistant about.

1 comment:

  1. Dee I liked your concern about joining your email account with the RSS feed. That makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete