Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Thing 8: Wikis

Prior to this class, I was not familiar with wikis at all. After exploring some of the wikis listed, I understand the concept of them a little bit better, but I still have a lot to learn about them. I really enjoyed looking at the Book Lovers Wiki, because I think it's a great idea to have peer book reviews on books before choosing what to read next. I think students could really benefit from this idea, and it provides an opportunity for all students to use it since they all are required to read for school. Not only is this a great tool for students, but teachers and other adults could benefit from it as well when they make their reading selections.

I also enjoyed looking at the Educator Wikis. They gave multiple examples of teacher wikis that already exist that I could explore and get ideas from. I love that the kids really get involved and participate in using the wikis. Like I said earlier, I have a lot to learn about wikis, but I think incorporating my own wiki with my students would be a really neat thing. I look forward to learning more about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment