Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thing 7: Image Generators

The first image generator I explored was Tagxedo. Although I've definitely heard of this tool before, I've never had personal experience using it. I used my school's website and typed in the name of the school. It created an awesome image comprised of so many of the words that our school stands for. I think one way my students could use this tool would be as part of the social studies unit, European Explorers. They could take the explorer they are assigned and create an image with character traits that describe the explorer.

The other image generator I explorer was Animoto. I have seen a few animoto videos made by others, but I've never created one myself. I had a lot of fun doing it and was amazed at how cool of a product I was able to make in such an easy way. This tool is extremely user friendly, and I think my kids would love making their own product. I could ask each student on the first week of school to make a short 30 second video with pictures that they have from their summer vacation. Then, they could share the videos with their classmates and then tell their friends more about their summer. I think they would have a blast doing something like this, and the kids could learn more about one another in the process.

1 comment:

  1. These are great examples. Were you able to create an example that you could share with Tagxedo?

    ReplyDelete