Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thing 14: Podcasting and Bookmarking

Podcasting:
What a great thing to know that Texas Education podcasts exist on iTunes. I have never heard of them, and as an educator I can see how helpful it could be to have access to them. I watched a few on math, and one I liked was a Geometry video called "Using Properties of Transformations". The first math unit in the year that I teach is Geometry. One of the lessons is on transformations, translations, and reflections. Sometimes the students get mixed up on which is which, so I like the idea of showing a podcast like this to use as reinforcement.

Bookmarking:
The bookmarking sites I'm most familiar with are Delicious and LiveBinders. I've had a Delicious account for about a year. We created an account for a class taught by Dr. Wilson, and I've used it to bookmark different websites I've used for projects, planning, lessons, etc. I would like to see myself using it a lot more and getting familiar with some other bookmarking sites out there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment