Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thing 15: Things like Skype

Honestly, I haven't used skype before for educational purposes, but I have some teacher friends that have, and I would like to start in my own classroom. I have used it mostly to communicate with out of town friends and family. It is such a great thing to have to not only be able to communicate with loved ones not close by but also be able to see them face to face.

After thinking through possible ways to use it in my own classroom, I can see its many benefits to education and my students. One way I think it would be neat to use it could be in social studies having an live interview. One of the units we study in social studies is Native Americans. I think it would be really neat for my students to be able to interview a Native American expert or museum curator or even an actual Native American who lives on a reservation today. Really, in social studies when studying history, first hand interviews would be a great addition to classroom teaching in helping the students absorb valuable information about a subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment