Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thing 11: Web 2.0 Tools

The tool I chose from the first list was Live Binders. I really enjoyed exploring this tool. I like how easy it is to create separate binders and then individual tabs within each one. I have a large binder in my classroom that I currently keep all of my hard copies of all of my material related to math units 1-12. This would be a great tool to use for something like that. It would allow me to have access to all of the papers, etc., but I could also insert helpful website links into the online binder that are useful to helping me teach a particular unit. The only downside that I noticed about this site was that it is very time intensive. It wouldn't be something that I could do in a short period of time. It would likely be something that I'd have to work on over the course of an entire school year and then plan to use it the following year possibly.

The next tool I chose was from the larger list, and it was called photovisi. I really enjoy taking pictures and doing fun and creative things with them, so I was looking for a tool that I could use my own pictures with. This site is a collage making photo site, so I was able to play with different templates, backgrounds, and colors. The only downside was that because there are so many advertisements on the site, it was a little confusing on what was part of the site or what would take me to a different site and had nothing to do with photovisi. I make a slideshow for my 4th graders at the end of the year using pictures from the whole school year. I could use this program to make photo collages to include in the slideshow. I think the kids would love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment